Thursday, August 7, 2014

Silver Shadows

  1. Title: Silver Shadows
  1. Author: Richelle Mead
Published: July 2014
Genres: Young Adult, Paranormal
  1. Type: Series - Book 5 of Bloodlines
  2. Pages: 380
  3. Rating: ◆◆

Summary (From Goodreads):
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

In The Fiery Heart, Sydney risked everything to follow her gut, walking a dangerous line to keep her feelings hidden from the Alchemists.


Now in the aftermath of an event that ripped their world apart, Sydney and Adrian struggle to pick up the pieces and find their way back to each other. But first, they have to survive. 


For Sydney, trapped and surrounded by adversaries, life becomes a daily struggle to hold on to her identity and the memories of those she loves. Meanwhile, Adrian clings to hope in the face of those who tell him Sydney is a lost cause, but the battle proves daunting as old demons and new temptations begin to seize hold of him. . . .


Their worst fears now a chilling reality, Sydney and Adrian face their darkest hour in this heart-pounding fifth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where all bets are off.
Silver Shadows.pdf
Silver Shadows.epub

My Review: Let's set things straight, I don't like series that don't include the original characters. I know it's a series apart from Vampire Academy but it felt like one whole at first. I made a huge exception for Adrian because I loved him. If Dimitri didn't exist, I would have chosen Adrian over any other for Rose. But back to the review. I died the moment Sidney went to rehab because I fell in love with her and Adrian all other again. I would definitely ship them. 

I like how Richelle made it from Sydney's and Adrian's point of view because we got to experience the best and worst of both sides. I admire Sydney a lot because she knows what she needs to do most of the time. Some people would go and say what they really feel or think to stay loyal to someone or something. But, Sydney knew what to do to get out of the room she was in and go to the next step. I accept that it's good to be selfless and think about others, ...

but she made great sacrifices that could have gotten her killed in an occasion. In previous books Adrian was like my dad, he used to rush in situations quickly without thinking, but he had showed he had grown up during this book. He showed that he can control his own life despite of regular human errors. 

Sydney's dad was expected to betray his own daughter for a better position between the Alchemists (very greedy), but I hated Sydney's sister. She had seen how they treat her own sister and they might just treat her the same way. And why?? Just because of a stupid boy who didn't love her. He was so not worth the bonding between sisters. And Sydney didn't even like him. Sydney's sister (which I don't remember her name because I don't like her), was just a pawn in their game. She had full support from their older sister and mom to say she was scared to go with them. She isn't even happy with her father but still stays there like a little puppy. NO EXCUSE

Loved the ending the most. Everyone knows they're going to end up together at the end so I'll just say it (it was a little predictable). I know Adrian did what he did to save Sydney from the Alchemists, but I don't think it was okay to do it. Everything was too rushed and they almost got caught. But if it saved Sydney from being taken back it was worth it. Hope there aren't any consequences after (which might not happen because it's true love according to them). 

I don't want to include any more spoilers (there weren't that specific so I don't count them )so let finish. Gave it a 4/5 because it wasn't really realistic apart from there being Vampire/Moroi. One of the few fantasy books I've come to love and remember and recommend it for people looking for a good series about vampires(moroi) and don't mind waiting for the next book. Hope I didn't sound like a b**** during this review but I needed to get it out of my system. But to make sure you know I loooved the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment